Piercings should be washed no more than twice a day using a mild, fragrance-free soap.
Cleaning solution: Packaged piercing solution or a non-iodized sea salt mixture: dissolve approximately three quarter of a tsp of sea salt into a 500 ml bottle of water. Soaks can be done twice a day for five to ten minutes each time; a brief rinse afterward will remove any residue.
Oral piercings can be healed using the same sea salt ratio as mentioned above or by using an alcohol-free mouth wash. During the entire healing period, rinse your mouth three to four times a day (after each meals) with a cleaning solution for thirty seconds.
What to expect from your new piercing and useful tips:
- Initially some bleeding, bruising and swelling is normal.
- No alcohol or peroxide is to be used, these can damage the cells.
- ibuprofen or aspirin are good measures to reduce swelling.
- Make sure to keep yourself HYDRATED.
- Wash your hands prior to cleaning your piercing.
- DO NOT over clean your piercing, this can result in slowing down the healing process.
- After cleaning your piercing make sure the balls are screwed on tight.
It is important to note that every person's body is different and healing times will vary considerably. Should you have any questions about tattoos or piercings, please do not hesitate to contact us